Online and in-person appointments
Our psychiatric services include the diagnosis and treatment of various mental, behavioral and emotional disorders. Our psychiatric evaluations and medication management services are administered by board-certified psychiatrist;
Dr. Jennifer Harrington, M.D.
Appointment Availability: Immediate
Dr. Harrington is a board-certified psychiatrist with years of experience in treating various mental health disorders Dr. Harrington is an adult and child psychiatrist.
Dr. Jennifer Harrington is a Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, as well as a Board Certified General Psychiatrist. Dr. Harrington is available for the psychiatric evaluation, consultation and medication management. Dr. Harrington has extensive experience treating conditions such as ADHD,
Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mood disorders, Depression and Anxiety Disorders in individuals aged 5 to 65 years old.
Dr. Harrington graduated from Wayne State Medical School in 2007, subsequently pursuing General Psychiatric Residency at Henry Ford Health System, a renowned Behavioral Health Center in the Mid-West United States. Upon completion of General Psychiatry Residency, Dr. Harrington pursued Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Subspecialty Fellowship at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan. After completion of Fellowship in 2012, Dr. Harrington returned to Henry Ford Health System as an Attending Pediatric Psychiatrist. That experience included evaluation and management of children and adolescents with mental illness; supervision of psychiatric resident physicians and medical students in their clinical rotations; and she was the Director of Undergraduate Psychiatric Education. Dr. Harrington also has experience working with mental illness in children in the Community Mental Health System.
Our world is currently struggling with mental illness in the context of a global pandemic and political turbulence. As result, Dr. Harrington also provides better help through online psychiatric appointments; also known as “telehealth psychiatry”. The aforementioned experiences have allowed for a wealth of subject matter expertise and competence in the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders in individuals of varied age, cultural backgrounds and life experiences.
“In Healthcare it is vital to consider the whole person, not just one aspect, part, or organ. Health and wellness is made up of both physical health AND mental and emotional well-being. I want to help people with mental illness and psychological distress manage their psychiatric symptoms; which can allow them to make positive changes in their lives towards self-fulfillment and improved health.” —
Jennifer Harrington, M.D.
Completing a psychiatric evaluation with a psychiatrist is encouraged if you experience any of the following:
- Trouble Focusing
- Irritable Mood
- Sleep Disturbances
- Autism Spectrum
- Provider Consistency: We are not a major online commercial psychiatry company or a big hospital system where you will be rotated amongst providers. Establishing services with Dr. Harrington means that you will have a consistent Toledo-based psychiatrist and won’t have to explain your needs to a new provider each time. Additionally, seeing an out-of-network psychiatrist means that you are immnue to any rules and changes your insurance mandates, such as number of sessions, provider restrictions, hospital affiliations, etc.
- You Need Personalized Services: Visits with Dr. Harrington are not restricted by insurance rules that constrict the duration of a session and the frequency of your visits. This allows for a comfortable a two-way conversation where you have more tailored services with Dr. Harrington. Dr. Harrington will spend up to 60 minutes with you during your initial session to better understand you, and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of your mental health needs before prescribing medication. Dr. Harrington believes in educating her patients and not only medicating them.
- You Need a Psychiatrist with Unique Qualifications: While many psychiatrists are qualified to treat general mental health conditions, having a dedicated psychiatrist with additional training is certainly more advantageous to you and your family’s needs. Dr. Harrington is a board-certified psychiatrist, who has completed extensive training to attain her fellowship; a higher level of specialty training in her field.
- You Don’t Want to Wait: The average wait time to see a psychiatrist in The Greater Toledo area is about 6 to 8 months. This is not the case in our private practice, as our philosophy is focused on the quality of care for patients and their comfort.
- You Have a high deductible plan or Out-of-Network (OON) Benefits: Insurance deductibles can be as high as $8,000 on some plans. This means that your copays and other insurance benefits will not start until you have paid that amount first.
Alternatively, if you have out-of-network benefits your insurance may reimburse you for the cost of the sessions (see your plan for details). This means that using OON benefits can be comparable or at the same cost to when seeing an in-network psychiatrist.
Dr. Harrington is not in network with insurance panels at this time. However, we will provide you with the necessary receipts that you can conveniently submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. You may do so directly through your insurance company’s website or through Reimbursify.
Reimbursify is an app that allows you to submit for out-of-network health insurance reimbursement in under a minute!
Psychiatry Fee Schedule
Initial Psychiatric Evaluation $335
Follow-Up Appointment $170
4169 N. Holland Sylvania Rd, Suite 203
Toledo, Ohio, 43623
- Address:3454 Oak Alley CT, STE 504, Toledo, Ohio, 43606
- Phone:(419) 318- 8533Opens in your application
- Fax:(888) 337- 1307
- Email:info@ToledoCMH.comOpens in your application
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM- 7:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM- 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM- 7:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM- 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM- 7:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
© Toledo Counseling & Mental Health, LLC. All Rights Reserved.